Tune in to No Limits and John Krull, Director of Franklin College’s Pulliam School of Journalism, on Tuesday, July 8, on 90.1. WFYI Public Radio and online to hear Sharon Kandris, Director of Community Informatics and SAVI, talk about the new online neighborhood tool IndyVitals! Other guests include Brad Beaubien, Long Range Planning Administrator, Dept. of Metropolitan Development, City of Indianapolis, and Steven Meyer, Executive Director, King Park Development Corporation.
IndyVitals, which is powered by SAVI, has been getting some legs with the media recently! Other mentions include:
- IndyVitals was featured on the front page of the Indy Star Friday, July 1, and online here. This is the third time a Polis project has been featured on p. 1 (Encyclopedia of Indianapolis and Spirit & Place were the others.)
- Kandris was featured in FOX59 interviews discussing the IndyVitals on June 29;
- Channel 6 taped the June 30 SAVI Talks! event which included an interview with Kandris;
- Ric Burrous with IU Communications is interviewing Kandris about the IndyVitals tool for the July Insights to Innovation newsletter, Innovate Indiana’s monthly e-newsletter for economic development and technology commercialization information.
- Sam Stall with the IUPUI alumni magazine has published the article, By the Numbers. The piece focuses on two areas at IUPUI that deal with Big Data: the Polis Center’s SAVI program and how it helps individuals and organizations identify patterns, assets, gaps, and trends in a variety of ways and the IU Fairbanks School of Public Health.