Join us Thursday, September 14!
Our fall SAVI Talks event will cover public transit in Marion County and feature data findings from our most recent community trends report authored by Polis Center professionals Kelly Davila, Senior Research Analyst, and Matt Nowlin, Research Analyst.
- We’ll explore data findings from a public transit ridership survey and examine what they reveal about:
- various types of transit riders and how they use transit.
- how place plays into the equation.
- Our distinguished panel will discuss the findings and consider what they show about:
- opportunities to improve transit access.
- implications for the implementation of the Marion County Transit Plan
In addition, Bryan Luellen, Vice President of Public Affairs, IndyGo, will discuss IndyGo’s expansion of transit service in Indianapolis through the implementation of the Marion County Transit Plan. Panelists for the broader discussion on the implications of the data findings include:
- Karissa Hulse, Director of Development & Operations, IndyHub
- James Taylor, Executive Director, John H. Boner Community Center
- Michael Twyman, PhD, Associate Faculty, IU Lilly Family School of Philanthropy
Matt Shafer Powell, Chief Content Officer, WFYI, will moderate.
The event will be held at WFYI, 1630 N. Meridian St., Indianapolis, IN 46202 from 7:45-10:00 a.m. RSVP today!
SAVI Talks! Public Transit in Marion County is a collaboration of the following partners: The Polis Center, IU, the IUPUI School of Liberal Arts, WFYI, IndyGo, and the Indianapolis Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO).