The Polis Center at IUPUI is seeking a talented person who wants to make a difference. In this role, you will be promoting the SAVI Community Information System (SAVI), an invaluable free online data resource which helps nonprofit organizations, academia, and government agencies improve strategic planning, fundraising, and programming efforts. Your primary goal is to increase the visibility and awareness of SAVI over the previous year via social media. In addition to a blog on savi.org, we have presence on the following social media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
In short, SAVI engages organizations by:
- Identifying their data and information needs
- Providing reliable, up-to-date facts about social, economic, and physical conditions of communities in Central Indiana and the Indianapolis Metro Area
- Helping organizations interpret this information and use it for more effective decision-making, proposal writing, storytelling, and identifying gaps in service
We offer a data literacy training program using SAVI. We encourage the individual in this role to attend the workshops in this program to become familiar with the tool as it will help you in promoting it. We also publish two SAVI Online Magazines and two Community Trend Reports per year and host two SAVI Talks! events, public forums at which we discuss a current topic of interest to the community and highlights for our newest report. You will help promote these publications and events in social media and post live from the SAVI Talks programs.
- Develop frequent content about the SAVI community information system and its related digital tools for various social media platforms to help expand digital visibility and reach, grow digital audiences and engage new followers, and contribute toward online community development.
- Regularly monitor and engage in social media activity using dashboards like Hootsuite, Sprout Social, and Buffer (for Twitter).
- Prepare and present social media analytics reports monthly, quarterly, and annually to measure results against objectives.
- Assist in writing website blog posts as needed.
- Participate in project and brainstorming sessions and other assignments as directed.
- Writing, editing, and communication expertise. Students majoring in public relations, journalism, communications, marketing, or a related field preferred.
- Basic understanding of communication and marketing practices
- Knack for digital communications and social media platforms (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Instagram)
- Curiosity and strong research aptitude
- Good organizational skills
- Creative, think “outside the box”
- Working knowledge of search engine keywords and optimization
- Take initiative while having the ability to work as part of a team
- Competent in using MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite design application a plus
To Apply: This is a paid position of 15-20 hours/week. Please submit a resume, cover letter, sample social media posts, and one other writing sample to email@example.com. Please use the following identification in your email subject line: Social Media Coordinator.
Through collaboration, engagement, research, and technology, The Polis Center at IUPUI builds capacity, creates actionable information, and develops knowledge platforms and innovative place-based solutions that lead to healthy and resilient communities. We build capacity by facilitating cross-disciplinary collaboration and the development of effective, cost-efficient solutions. We create actionable information by empowering and transforming communities through applied research, analysis and modeling, strategic planning, and evaluation. We develop knowledge platforms by creating technology-based solutions for the management, sharing, and use of data through data warehouses, portals, dashboards, and information and Big Data systems.
Indiana University is an equal employment and Affirmative Action Employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status.