The Polis Center at IUPUI has named Kelly Davila Senior Research Analyst. In this role, Davila will manage ongoing research and evaluation projects involving the SAVI digital community information system (savi.org), analyzing data, and explaining research findings and their implications with clear risk recommendations. SAVI helps nonprofits, academia, government, and health organizations assess trends and conditions, identify service gaps, and better target areas of concern based on the social, economic and other demographic realities in more than 2,000 Central Indiana communities.
Davila has a background in public policy research and urban development with specific experience in academic research, applied social science (archaeology, museum curation, and oral history), and transportation planning for city government. Her major areas of emphasis include spatial analysis, spatial statistics, public policy analysis, and demographically-informed policy research. Prior to joining The Polis Center, Davila worked as a project engineer with the Trapeze Group in Cedar Rapids, IA.
She earned Master’s Degrees in Urban & Regional Planning from the University of Iowa, where she attended as a Dean’s Graduate Research Fellow, and Anthropology from the University of Southern Mississippi. Davila is a native of San Antonio and obtained a BA degree in Anthropology from the University of Texas at Austin.
Social Media Part-Time Position | SAVI Community Information System | www.savi.org
The Polis Center at IUPUI is seeking a highly motivated individual with a passion for digital communications to coordinate the social media initiatives for the SAVI Community Information System. The individual will work approximately 20 hours per week from February through May 2016, with an option for extension.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Open until filled
- Must have basic understanding of public relations practices and advanced knowledge of social media platforms.
- Must be enrolled in college with at least a 3.2 GPA. Students majoring in public relations, communications and/or marketing will be preferred
- Must have exemplary writing and editing ability with strong research skills
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be familiar with AP style rules for public relations writing
- Proven ability to think creatively and “outside the box”
- Working knowledge of search engine keywords and optimization
- Assist staff in developing content for digital and social media platforms of SAVI to help expand the online visibility and reach, drive engagement and traffic, and contribute toward online community development
- Undertake basic public relations writing assignments and contribute to the SAVI blog
- Attend and participate in project and brainstorming sessions as directed
- Regularly monitor social media activity using dashboards like Hootsuite
- Prepare and present social media analytics report to measure results against objectives
Compensation: $10.00–$12.00/hour based on experience
SAVI Community Information System (SAVI): SAVI’s mission is to help nonprofit and community-based organizations make data-informed decisions to be more strategic and effective in serving the needs of Central Indiana residents. SAVI contains a wealth of free data about the social, physical, and economic conditions of Central Indiana communities from counties to neighborhoods and census tracts, as well as information on thousands of non-profit and community-based organizations and programs. SAVI’s interactive website (www.savi.org) allows users to create custom maps, graphs, charts, and data profiles of over 2,000 Central Indiana communities.
To apply: Send a resume, cover letter, and three writing samples to Melissa Gona at email@example.com.
IUPUI is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution committed to a campus climate that encourages diversity as a means of achieving excellence.