The Polis Center at IUPUI is seeking a talented student who wants to make a difference while gaining valuable social media content development experience. In this role, you will be promoting the SAVI Community Information System (SAVI), a free online data resource which helps nonprofit organizations, academia, and government agencies improve strategic planning and programming efforts. Your primary goal is to increase the visibility and awareness of SAVI.
In short, SAVI engages organizations by:
- Identifying their data and information needs
- Providing reliable, up-to-date facts about social, economic, and physical conditions of communities in Central Indiana and the Indianapolis Metro Area
- Helping organizations interpret this information and use it for more effective decision-making, proposal writing, storytelling, and identifying gaps in service
Learn more about SAVI at www.savi.org. Related digital tools powered by SAVI include: www.indyvitals.org (nominated for the 2017 Mira Awards Innovation of the Year) www.indianaimpact.org, and www.edalliance.iupui.edu.
- Develop frequent content about the SAVI community information system and its related digital tools for various social media platforms to help expand digital visibility and reach, grow digital audiences and engage new followers, and contribute toward online community development. We have SAVI presence on: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
- Regularly monitor and engage in social media activity using dashboards like Hootsuite, Sprout Social, and Buffer (for Twitter).
- Prepare and present social media analytics reports monthly to measure results against objectives.
- Assist in writing website blog posts as needed.
- Participate in project and brainstorming sessions and other assignments as directed.
- Writing, editing, and communication expertise. Students majoring in public relations, journalism, communications, marketing, or a related field preferred.
- Basic understanding of communication and marketing practices
- Knack for digital communications and social media platforms (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Instagram)
- Curiosity and strong research aptitude
- Good organizational skills
- Creative, think “outside the box”
- Working knowledge of search engine keywords and optimization
- Take initiative while having the ability to work as part of a team
- Competent in using MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite design application a plus
To Apply: This is a paid position of 10-15 hours/week. Please submit a resume, cover letter, sample social media post, and one other writing sample to email@example.com. Please use the following identification in your email subject line: Social Media Coordinator.
The Polis Center at IUPUI offers free online data resources with the SAVI community information system and related digital tools to help nonprofits, academia, government, and health organizations assess trends and conditions, identify service gaps, and better target areas of concern based on the social, economic and other demographic realities in more than 2,000 Central Indiana communities. It is deeply committed to collaboration, partnerships, and the practical use of advanced technologies. Its entrepreneurial nature results in a unique and diverse range of projects. For more information, visit http://polis.iupui.edu/.