The Polis Center partnered with Domestic Violence Network (DVN) to analyze data from the criminal justice system to gain a better understanding of the state of domestic violence in the county. DVN released the report today. Below are a few highlights of the findings from this report. It focuses on demographics of victims and perpetrators and provides data on many other aspects of domestic violence noted below:
- How has domestic violence changed over time?
- What are the legal outcomes of domestic violence cases – such as how many cases result in charges and how many cases are dismissed?
- How many charges against perpetrators are felonies vs. misdemeanors?
- How many people are filing for protective orders and what are their demographics?
- Have domestic violence perpetrators been convicted of other crimes?
- How many victims, perpetrators, and victim-perpetrator pairs have been involved in repeat incidents of domestic violence?